FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS TO RELEASE ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS DECEMBER 15
‘Planetary Landings’ Kicks-Off New Season of Expansions to Massively Multiplayer Space Epic; Pre-Order Bonus Available Today
Cambridge, UK – DECEMBER 9, 2015 — Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) will release Elite Dangerous: Horizons, the new season of expansions for their incredible massively multiplayer space epic Elite Dangerous, on December 15 for PC. Elite Dangerous: Horizons is currently in beta with thousands of players venturing deep into the game’s 1:1 recreation of the Milky Way to discover and explore billions of star systems and head to planetary surfaces for the first time.
Players who pre-order the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season of expansions will receive immediate access to Elite Dangerous, and can begin playing TODAY.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons is the new season of expansions for Elite Dangerous, with updates coming throughout 2016. When Elite Dangerous: Horizons goes live on December 15, the first major expansion will be the highly anticipated ‘Planetary Landings,’ which allows players to discover and explore billions of full-size airless worlds throughout the galaxy, each simulated to exacting detail by the game’s Stellar Forge.
Following Planetary Landings, additional updates will come online in 2016, including:
- Loot and Crafting, unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.
- Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
- Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
- Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.
- New Missions and Ships, expanding the already massive amount of playable content.
- New Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Arenas, providing additional challenges to prove multiplayer superiority
The trailer for Elite Dangerous: Horizons can be seen online here:
Frontier listens and reacts to player feedback after every Elite Dangerous release, and Elite Dangerous: Horizons will follow the same process. To highlight this to new players, the new Elite Dangerous: Horizons season will launch as an ‘Early Access’ release on FrontierStore.net.
To pre-order Elite Dangerous: Horizons, players can visit the official Frontier Developments store at FrontierStore.net. Elite Dangerous: Horizons will be available on Steam soon, and all FrontierStore.net customers will have the option of exporting a personal Steam key to add Elite Dangerous: Horizons to their library.
# # #