FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OVER THE MOON GAMES’ AWARD-WINNING SCI-FI EPIC, THE FALL, DESCENDS ONTO XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION 4 THIS YEAR
Critically Revered Indie Game Delivers on Atmosphere and Narrative; Special Developer’s Commentary Included for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
VANCOUVER (MARCH 26, 2015) – Independent developer Over The Moon Games will bring their epic, critically revered indie game The Fall, to Xbox One™, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system this year. The Fall is currently available on PC, MAC, Linux and Wii U. More information can be found at http://www.overthemoongames.com.
Set in a dark, sci-fi rich, universe, The Fall has been hailed by critics for its unrivaled atmospheric setting, mind-bending narrative, and unique combination of genres — including action, point-and-click, and adventure puzzle. The game has been honored with nominations for Best Downloadable Game, Best Indie Game, Best New Character and Best Writing from the CVGAs (Canadian Video Game Awards); nominated for Excellence in Narrative from the Independent Games Festival at GDC 2015; and named 2014 Game of the Year from Giant Bomb with an award for Best Story.
The Xbox One and PlayStation®4 editions of The Fall will include dozens of performance and other improvements made to the game since the original launch, including optimizations, aiming and combat enhancements, bug fixes, and more. In addition, the game will include an exclusive Developer’s Commentary, featuring insight, stories and other discussion from the game’s creative team.
“We’re excited to deliver a game that is truly different from other titles on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, a game that will challenge players to deeply explore the narrative and seek answers to disturbing questions exposed as the story unfolds,” said John Warner, Founder and Director, Over The Moon Games. “The new Developer’s Commentary feature offers a chance to gain a little bit of insight into the inspirations and motivations underlying The Fall, and we’re looking forward to hearing the community discussions centering on this once the game is released.”
ABOUT THE FALL
The Fall is about ARID, an artificial intelligence on-board a futuristic combat suit. When ARID is activated and finds that her human pilot is unconscious and in desperate need of medical help, ARID’s directive is clear – take her pilot to medical attention. As she struggles to help her non-responsive friend, she finds herself in a unique and bizarre situation that causes her to question her rigid relationship to her protocols and, ultimately, her self-understanding. Players of The Fall will find themselves thinking, exploring, and sometimes fighting with the world and its unusual inhabitants.
- An Engaging and Rich Story – The Fall is set in a vivid, atmospheric world that challenges players to explore unusual ideas and assumptions surrounding rigidity and protocol.
- A Fresh Mix of Genres – Integrating gameplay from point-and-click adventures, platformers, and shooters into a truly unique experience, The Fall draws equal inspiration from Super Metroid and Monkey Island and is humbly inspired by the greats that came before it.
- Gameplay and Story Integration – Players solve fun and creative adventure-style puzzles, and organically find solutions that imply a larger narrative.
- A Full Voice Cast – The game adds depth and gravitas with a complete voice cast, featuring a strong and unique female protagonist.
- Gorgeous Artwork – The Fall’s renowned atmosphere is emblazoned with revelatory artwork that reveals itself as players explore and become overwhelmed within the beautifully polished world.
- Trilogy – The game is told succinctly in three acts; the first episode boasts more than three hours of play-time.
ABOUT OVER THE MOON GAMES
Over The Moon Games creates compelling, narrative driven games with a focus on atmosphere, creativity, and communicating interesting ideas. The Company was founded in 2013 by John Warner, in order to create games with rich, compelling worlds and thick atmosphere; blend gameplay and narrative, to push our understanding of video games as a medium; and craft compelling stories that communicate interesting ideas. This was made possible when, in October of 2013, John completed a successful Kickstarter campaign for Over The Moon’s first game, The Fall, which reached 224% of its funding goal.
More information about Over The Moon Games is available at http://www.overthemoongames.com/
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Wii U is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2012 Nintendo.
# # #