SKULLCANDY HALO 5: GUARDIANS EDITION SMOKIN’ BUDS 2 NOW AVAILABLE
Halo® 5: Guardians REQ Packs Included with All Halo-Branded Skullcandy Headsets and Earbuds
PARK CITY, UTAH – OCT. 15, 2015 – Skullcandy, Inc., the original performance and lifestyle audio brand, announced today the availability of the new Skullcandy Halo® 5: Guardians Edition Smokin’ Buds 2 gaming earbud. Designed in partnership with Halo® developer 343 Industries, the gaming earbud features a custom dark chrome matte finish, metallic blue accents, a striking honeycombed graphical treatment as well as Off-Axis™ and Supreme Sound™ audio technology to ensure an iconic representation of the Halo experience. The Skullcandy Halo 5: Guardians Edition Smokin’ Buds 2 is available now for ($29.99 USD) just in time for the biggest Halo game yet in Halo 5: Guardians, available beginning October 27, 2015 exclusively for Xbox One.
All Halo-branded Skullcandy Gaming products include Supply REQ Packs*; special in-game content for Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox One redeemable online, while supplies last, and with select retailers. REQ Packs are a bundle of random, digital goods in the form of unlockable weapons and armors, skins, vehicles and more that players can use in the Halo 5: Guardians Arena and Warzone multiplayer modes. Participating audio gear includes the Skullcandy Halo 5: Guardians Smokin’ Buds 2 and the Skullcandy SLYR Halo® Edition.
Skullcandy Halo 5: Guardians Edition Smokin’ Buds 2 features include:
- Off-Axis™ Technology: Off-Axis™ technology was designed based on the ear’s internal shape. Its unique angle and oval port into the ear optimizes comfort, stability and acoustic performance.
- Skullcandy Supreme Sound™: Engineered for gaming, music, movies and more, Skullcandy’s Supreme Sound provides powerful bass, natural vocals and precise highs with a rich and detailed stereo sound field tuned specially for gaming.
- One Button Mic/Remote: A single button in-line remote with mic can take/make calls, play/pause music and cycle through tracks.
- Fold-Flat Audio Cables: Skullcandy’s incredibly durable, flat audio cables look great, prevent annoying tangles and ensure long lasting audio performance.
- Durable Design & Custom Fit: Made from moisture resistant materials that won’t play victim to your sweaty labors. Also, a selection of earbud gels to suit any comfort preference.
- Satin Travel Bag: An included stylish satin travel bag providing a convenient location for storing or carrying Skullcandy earbuds.
The Skullcandy Halo 5: Guardians Edition Smokin’ Buds 2 ($29.99 USD) and the previously released Skullcandy SLYR Halo Edition ($99.99 USD) are both available now from select retailers nationwide or directly online at www.skullcandy.com.
For more information about Skullcandy, the studio’s gaming headsets or any of its Halo-inspired products, please visit www.skullcandy.com.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
Skullcandy is the original lifestyle and performance audio brand inspired by the creativity and irreverence of youth culture. Skullcandy designs, markets and distributes audio and gaming headphones and other accessory related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming and 2XL brands. Skullcandy was launched in 2003 and quickly became one of the world’s most distinct audio brands by bringing unique technology, color, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; helping to revolutionize the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. The Company’s products are sold and distributed through a variety of channels in the U.S. and approximately 80 countries worldwide, including the company’s website at www.skullcandy.com.