STEAM EARLY ACCESS MEGA-HIT SPACE ENGINEERS RECEIVES MAJOR GAMEPLAY AND FEATURE UPDATE; INCLUDES DEDICATED SERVER SUPPORT
Critically Acclaimed Space-Based Sandbox Game from Keen Software House Greatly Expands with New Factions, Hacking, Block Merging, Steering Wheels, Batteries, and More
PRAGUE (JULY 29, 2014) – In the continuing effort to deliver the best gameplay experience for nearly a million players on PC, independent developer Keen Software House has updated their Steam Early Access hit, Space Engineers, with several major new features, including support for dedicated servers, player factions, hacking, tools for driving, and more. Keen Software House delivers weekly updates to Space Engineers every Thursday, offering new features, fixes, and more.
Space Engineers’ space-based sandbox offers a robust platform for creative gamers to build and maintain space stations and ships in a single- or multi-player environment. The game remains one of the top overall sellers on Steam and appears on the platform’s Early Access program. Space Engineers is available now at http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/ or via Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/ for $19.99 USD.
“A great Steam Early Access game must deliver on its promises to the community – the gamers who have taken the risk of buying into your vision – by continually growing and improving with new features, expansion of gameplay, and more,” said Marek Rosa, CEO and Founder, Keen Software House. “Over the past month, we’ve worked hard to deliver against that standard and we’re fortunate to have the smartest and most dedicated fans on Steam offering their insights and suggestions to shape the future ofSpace Engineers.”
Major game updates added over the last several weeks include:
- Official Dedicated Servers/Hosts (commercial use): Dedicated servers allow players to connect to a third party host, rather than using a player-host, in a peer-to-peer set-up. This feature often results in faster connections and less lag.
- Merge Blocks, Conversion of Station to Ship: Players can now permanently merge ships and stations of the same block size by using the ‘Merge Block’ feature. When a ship is merged with a station, the ship becomes the station. Stations can also be converted to ships, but the blocks that are partially inside asteroids will be damaged or destroyed.
- Factions: Players may now create and join factions, determine ownership of blocks, and manage relations between them (hostile/ally); blocks can be shared within factions or with everyone; ownership can be transferred by the owner.
- Hacking & Breaching: Block ownership is determined by computers, so if players want to take over hostile blocks, they will have to replace the computers that are in these blocks.
- Steering wheels, wheel controls: Players can now build and control vehicles with the addition of steering wheels and wheel controls.
- Batteries: The Battery Block enables players to store the energy generated by solar panels or reactors at an efficiency rate of 80%. The time needed for charging depends on the amount of energy available.
- Pistons: Pistons is a new type of block which allows players to build even more advanced machinery.
- Antenna Communication: Signals can travel through multiple antennas so players can receive a signal from any distance; broadcasting can be limited by player or by the power of the antenna.
- Spectator mode: players can now learn from the community’s best by spectating their work.
For more information about Space Engineers, please visit the game’s official web site at http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/ or connect with other players and the development team at https://www.facebook.com/SpaceEngineers.
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE
Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. Company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version, and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0.
More information about Keen Software House is available at www.keenswh.com.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #