Gameforge Takes On Publishing of SoulWorker for North America and Europe New action MMORPG promises high-energy battles in impressive Anime style, set in a post-apocalyptic background Karlsruhe, Germany – April 27, 2016 – Gameforge announces its cooperation with South Korean development studio Lion Games and will be publishing SoulWorker in North America and Europe. […]
HEX: Shards of Fate – Now Available on Steam Karlsruhe, Germany – April 20, 2016 – Gameforge and HEX Entertainment are now offering the trading card game HEX: Shards of Fate for PC on Steam. The game is free and available for download in the Steam Store. To play Hex: Shards of Fate on Steam, […]
Dropzone Brings Real-Time Strategy Back to Core-Gaming in 2016 Intense Action, Deeply Strategic Gameplay and Unit Customization Highlight Upcoming RTS Title from the Creators of Rise of Nations Karlsruhe, Germany, April, 19th, 2016 – Leading European video game publisher Gameforge and developer Sparkypants Studios have introduced a transformative entry into the real-time strategy genre […]
GAMEFORGE EXPANDS NORTH AMERICAN PUBLISHING PRESENCE WITH DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH SPARKYPANTS STUDIOS
Karlsruhe, GERMANY – Dec 11, 2015 – Gameforge, a leading provider of free-to-play and MMO games for European regions, has signed a publishing agreement with North America-based developer, Sparkypants Studios. The agreement, which includes an unannounced game, is the next step in the Company’s strategy to strengthen and grow the existing product portfolio and expand publishing reach in to North America.
Founded in 2011, Sparkypants Studios re-unites veterans of strategy gaming, including Jason Coleman, CTO and co-founder of Big Huge Games, Art Director and fellow Big Huge Games co-founder Dave Inscore, Design Director Stuart Jeff and Technical Director Pranas Pauliukonis. Members of the Sparkypants team have, in the past helped create award-winning titles like Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends at the original Big Huge Games, as well as games such as Civilization II, Alpha Centauri and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Have you seen HEX: Shards of Fate? You know… the Trading Card Game/MMO crossover title from Cryptozoic and Gameforge?
“What say you crazy PR man?” you’re thinking. “TCG + MMO? Tell me more!”
I know, I know. But don’t let me words ruin it. Watch the video above! And then go sign up to play for yourself at http://us.hex.gameforge.com/
What the heck are you waiting for?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GAMEFORGE ESTABLISHES NEW GAMES DIVISION
Game Industry Veteran Timothy Campbell to Lead New Division as Senior Vice President, Games
The new Games Division will be headed by Timothy Campbell, who has been named Senior Vice President, Games. Campbell brings more than 15 years of experience working in top positions within the games industry, including posts at industry leaders such as THQ, SEGA and Atari. Campbell has been a part of Gameforge since 2010, and has been a member of the Executive Board since 2014.
“The Free-to-Play market has grown rapidly over the years – there are a lot of established studios and publishers who have recognised the advantages of the model and are now trying to gain a foothold in this sector,” Campbell said. “For us, this means we need to consistently make good use of our experience and transfer it to new markets and platforms. To do so, we have created a structure and environment in the Games Division where our talent can really bring their abilities to bear.”
Reinforced Focus on Western Markets
The new Games Division unifies departments for existing games, the internal and external game development studios, as well as the ‘Games Services’ and ‘Business Affairs’ departments, where, amongst other things, key account management, monetisation and licensing are all incorporated. The latter portion will, in the future, renew their focus towards the western markets, the prelude of which being the adoption of US publishing for HEX: Shards of Fate and the collaboration with US publishers such as Robot Entertainment for Orcs Must Die! Unchained.
Gameforge Expands North American Presence with HEX: Shards of Fate
Publishing Partnership with HEX Entertainment, International eSports-Tournament Broaden Worldwide Reach for German Studio
- Single-Player Games Still Going Strong on PS5 December 2, 2020 Jonathon Dornbush
- Animal Crossing: How to Get Puppy Plushies December 2, 2020 Angie Harvey
- Fortnite Is Teasing a God of War Kratos Skin December 2, 2020 Matt T.M. Kim
- Wallace and Gromit Studio Partners With Bandai Namco on New Project December 2, 2020 Matt T.M. Kim
- Dauntless Reforged Is A Massive Free Expansion That Feels Like A Sequel December 2, 2020 David Jagneaux
- Amazon Now Arranging PS5 Deliveries for Customers With Missing Consoles December 2, 2020 Matt Purslow
- UFC Launches Tournaments In Partnership With Esports Fight League December 3, 2020 Brian Shea
- Sea Of Thieves Introducing Seasons In 2021 December 3, 2020 Marcus Stewart
- Cyberpunk 2077 Includes Refused’s Weakest Songs To Date December 2, 2020 Blake Hester
- It Looks Like Kratos May Be Heading To Fortnite December 2, 2020 Marcus Stewart
- This Dragon Age 2 Cosplay Brings Knight-Commander Meredith Stannard To Life December 2, 2020 Liana Ruppert
- The Wonderful 101: Remastered Demo Gives Players Control Of Wonder-Bayonetta December 2, 2020 Marcus Stewart
- ASTRO GAMING REVEALS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO SWITCH A10 HEADSETMay 31, 2018 - 2:39 pm
- Jeff Goldblum Reprises His Jurassic Park™ Role in All-New Video Game Jurassic World Evolution™March 13, 2018 - 7:44 pm
- Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter One Available TodayFebruary 27, 2018 - 10:42 am
- Planet Coaster Fourth Major FREE Update Available NowNovember 22, 2017 - 12:09 pm
- ASTRO GAMING A20 WIRELESS HEADSET NOW AVAILABLEOctober 13, 2017 - 12:29 am