INDIECADE DETAILS CONFERENCE SPEAKERS, EVENT SCHEDULE AND GAMES AVAILABLE FOR PLAY AT INDIECADE EAST 2016 Annual Event Returns to the Museum of the Moving Image in New York with Showcase of 40+ Games and Gathering of Leading Independent Game Developers LOS ANGELES—APRIL 13, 2016—IndieCade, the premier international festival of independent games, has detailed conference […]
ELITE DANGEROUS SELLS 1.4 MILLION UNITS TO DATE
Frontier Developments’ award-winning space epic passes 1.4 million units sold
Cambridge, UK. 14 January 2016. Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced it has sold 1.4 million units of Elite Dangerous across PC, Mac and Xbox One.
Elite Dangerous launched for PC in December 2014 following a successful crowdfunding campaign. Mac and Xbox One releases followed in May and October of 2015, and regular gameplay updates were released throughout the year.
Theme Parks are awesome. We all agree on that. Building your own theme park, to the limits of your own imagination? Well… that would be mind-blowing.
Oh wait… you say there’s a game coming out that will allow you to do just that?
Please allow the geniuses at Frontier Developments to show you just some of the ways they will enable your dream park to come to life with Planet Coaster in the sneak peek video above.
FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS TO RELEASE ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS DECEMBER 15
‘Planetary Landings’ Kicks-Off New Season of Expansions to Massively Multiplayer Space Epic; Pre-Order Bonus Available Today
Cambridge, UK – DECEMBER 9, 2015 — Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) will release Elite Dangerous: Horizons, the new season of expansions for their incredible massively multiplayer space epic Elite Dangerous, on December 15 for PC. Elite Dangerous: Horizons is currently in beta with thousands of players venturing deep into the game’s 1:1 recreation of the Milky Way to discover and explore billions of star systems and head to planetary surfaces for the first time.
Players who pre-order the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season of expansions will receive immediate access to Elite Dangerous, and can begin playing TODAY.
For Immediate Release
More than 70 Curated Titles Will Have Attendees Fighting Werewolves, Donning a Brainwave Reader, Causing Chaos for Good, and Much More
ependent games development. Read more
INDIECADE ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL NOMINEES FOR INDIECADE FESTIVAL 2015 AWARDS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW DEVELOPMENT STUDIO, POUND SAND, FORMED BY GAME INDUSTRY VETERANS FROM MEDAL OF HONOR, BATTLEFIELD AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISES
Studio’s First Game, Third-Person Shooter Fantastic Plastic Squad, Debuted Today at Apple Press Conference
EL SEGUNDO, CA (SEPT 9, 2015) — A group of veteran video game developers, with credits that include some of the biggest franchises in the industry, such as Medal of Honor®, Battlefield ®, Call of Duty® and God of War®, have joined forces to found a new development studio, Pound Sand™, in El Segundo, CA. The studio’s first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad™, a free-to-play third-person shooter in which 1980s action figures come to life, was revealed today at the Apple press conference running on the new Apple hardware.
The game will be published by DropForge Games, a mobile publishing arm of Wargaming.net and will release on iOS first, followed by Android, with additional platforms planned.
Led by CEO Greg Goodrich, whose credits include Medal of Honor®, Return to Castle Wolfenstein®, Spyro the Dragon® and The Simpsons®, and partnered with entertainment media moguls Billy and Fernando Rovzar, Pound Sand brings together experienced leaders from the action/shooter category across all disciplines, including design, technology, art, and production.
“Throughout my career, I’ve been incredibly fortunate to work alongside some amazing people on some really great franchises, and I’m humbled by the level of talent we’ve been able to assemble at Pound Sand,” said Greg Goodrich, CEO of Pound Sand. “We founded the studio with the mindset to give passionate game developers the creative freedom to do what they do best without having to ask anyone for permission. Having our very first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad, chosen to help show off Apple’s new hardware is a great validation of both our team and game.”
Joining Goodrich at Pound Sand are some of the industry’s most experienced action/shooter game development veterans, including:
- Paul Ohanian, Founder and Technical Director, credits include Battlefield 4, and Medal of Honor;
- Andy Cheren, Founder and Director of Business Development, founder of Digital Artist Management and Production Road;
- Torin Kampa, Lead Programmer, credits include Battlefield 4 and Medal of Honor;
- Leon Brazil, Animation Director, credits include Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Harry Potter;
- Greg Farren, Design Director, credits include Medal of Honor, Star Wars Battlefront I and II and God of War;
- James H. Dargie, Art/Creative Director, credits include Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Final Fantasy, Metroid Prime, and The Matrix movies.
“Fantastic Plastic Squad is a shooter for the ages” said David Bluhm, CEO of DropForge. “Imagine the fun and speed of Call of Duty, but fighting with your 1980s collection of plastic action heroes.”
ABOUT FANTASTIC PLASTIC SQUAD
Pound Sand’s first title is Fantastic Plastic Squad, a free-to-play, fast-paced third-person shooter in which players collect and control dozens of 1980s-style five-inch-tall action figures that have come-to-life to battle against their enemies for control of a house. Each figure is customizable with weapons and accessories, allowing for millions of possible combinations to create truly unique heroes that can be brought into battle or shared with friends.
Fantastic Plastic Squad includes epic single-player missions as well as an exciting and fully featured asynchronous player-versus-player multiplayer mode that will offer advanced competitive features like clan support, tournaments, leaderboards and replays.
Fantastic Plastic Squad will be available later this year for mobile devices with additional platforms in the future. Fans can learn more about Fantastic Plastic Squad on the game’s Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fantasticplasticsquad) and keep up with Pound Sand at the official web site at www.PoundSand.com and on Twitter (@poundsandgames).
ABOUT POUND SAND
Based in Los Angeles, Pound Sand is comprised of veteran video game developers with proven expertise in the Action/Shooter category, responsible for developing multi-billion dollar franchises including Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, God of War and more. The studio’s first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad, is a fast-pace third person shooter that brings 1980s-style action figures to life in an epic battle for control of the house. Visit the website at www.PoundSand.com.
All trademarks or trade names are the property of their respective owners.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS LAUNCHES ELITE: DANGEROUS — POWERPLAY
Frontier’s Massively Multiplayer Space Epic Expands With Free Powerplay Update Introducing New Ways to Play
Cambridge, UK. 5 June, 2015. Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) will today release Elite: Dangerous – Powerplay free for all players.
Powerplay is the third major free update for Elite: Dangerous and the largest to date, introducing new ships, new features and an all-new strategic layer to the Elite: Dangerous galaxy.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
INDIECADE SHOWCASE @ E3 RETURNS, BRINGING DIVERSITY AND CREATIVITY TO E3 2015
The 2015 IndieCade Showcase @ E3 is presented in collaboration with Hosting Partner The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) and will be located in South Hall, Booth #601. Read more
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
H-HOUR: WORLD’S ELITE INVADES STEAM “EARLY ACCESS”
Game Industry Pros from SOCOM and More Join with Special Operations Veterans to Revive Tactical Team-Based Military Shooters in Pre-Alpha Release on Steam
SOUTHERN PINES, NC (MAY 19, 2015) — SOF Studios, an independent developer comprised of both armed forces and game industry veterans, has released H-Hour: World’s Elite™, a tactical, team-based military shooter, via Steam’s “Early Access” program. The game has been in private testing this Spring and heads to Steam as a pre-alpha, community-focused build.
H-Hour: World’s Elite has already drawn a strong group of more than 10,000 early supporters on the forums at www.sofstudios.com that has helped bring the game to Early Access. New players are invited to join in and help shape the future of the game with their impressions, feedback and ideas. The game can be found online on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/293220/ for $24.99 U.S.D. Read more
- Borderlands 3 Shift Codes: Redeem A New Golden Key Before It's Gone
- 28 New Gameplay Details We Learned While Playing Jedi: Fallen Order October 19, 2019 Brian Altano
- Why FFXIV Is Getting a TV Series Adaptation Over FF7 October 19, 2019 Terri Schwartz
- Keep Track of Heart Pieces and Seashells With Our Link's Awakening Map
- Why a (Probably Not Real) Okami Tease Has Fans Freaked Out October 18, 2019 Colin Stevens
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - The Final Preview October 18, 2019 Brian Altano
- Insomniac's Spider-Man Is Now A $1,100 Statue October 18, 2019 Andrew Reiner
- Replay – Alpha Protocol October 18, 2019 Leo Vader
- Obsidian Is Skeptical Of Creating A Fully Open-World Sequel To The Outer Worlds October 18, 2019 Ben Hanson
- New Gameplay Today – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order October 17, 2019 Leo Vader
- GI Show - Pokémon Sword, Writing Reviews, The Outer Worlds Interview October 17, 2019 Ben Hanson
- Happily Lost In The Heart Of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order October 17, 2019 Matt Miller
- ASTRO GAMING REVEALS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO SWITCH A10 HEADSETMay 31, 2018 - 2:39 pm
- Jeff Goldblum Reprises His Jurassic Park™ Role in All-New Video Game Jurassic World Evolution™March 13, 2018 - 7:44 pm
- Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter One Available TodayFebruary 27, 2018 - 10:42 am
- Planet Coaster Fourth Major FREE Update Available NowNovember 22, 2017 - 12:09 pm
- ASTRO GAMING A20 WIRELESS HEADSET NOW AVAILABLEOctober 13, 2017 - 12:29 am