FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW DEVELOPMENT STUDIO, POUND SAND, FORMED BY GAME INDUSTRY VETERANS FROM MEDAL OF HONOR, BATTLEFIELD AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISES
Studio’s First Game, Third-Person Shooter Fantastic Plastic Squad, Debuted Today at Apple Press Conference
EL SEGUNDO, CA (SEPT 9, 2015) — A group of veteran video game developers, with credits that include some of the biggest franchises in the industry, such as Medal of Honor®, Battlefield ®, Call of Duty® and God of War®, have joined forces to found a new development studio, Pound Sand™, in El Segundo, CA. The studio’s first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad™, a free-to-play third-person shooter in which 1980s action figures come to life, was revealed today at the Apple press conference running on the new Apple hardware.
The game will be published by DropForge Games, a mobile publishing arm of Wargaming.net and will release on iOS first, followed by Android, with additional platforms planned.
Led by CEO Greg Goodrich, whose credits include Medal of Honor®, Return to Castle Wolfenstein®, Spyro the Dragon® and The Simpsons®, and partnered with entertainment media moguls Billy and Fernando Rovzar, Pound Sand brings together experienced leaders from the action/shooter category across all disciplines, including design, technology, art, and production.
“Throughout my career, I’ve been incredibly fortunate to work alongside some amazing people on some really great franchises, and I’m humbled by the level of talent we’ve been able to assemble at Pound Sand,” said Greg Goodrich, CEO of Pound Sand. “We founded the studio with the mindset to give passionate game developers the creative freedom to do what they do best without having to ask anyone for permission. Having our very first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad, chosen to help show off Apple’s new hardware is a great validation of both our team and game.”
Joining Goodrich at Pound Sand are some of the industry’s most experienced action/shooter game development veterans, including:
- Paul Ohanian, Founder and Technical Director, credits include Battlefield 4, and Medal of Honor;
- Andy Cheren, Founder and Director of Business Development, founder of Digital Artist Management and Production Road;
- Torin Kampa, Lead Programmer, credits include Battlefield 4 and Medal of Honor;
- Leon Brazil, Animation Director, credits include Medal of Honor, Battlefield and Harry Potter;
- Greg Farren, Design Director, credits include Medal of Honor, Star Wars Battlefront I and II and God of War;
- James H. Dargie, Art/Creative Director, credits include Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Final Fantasy, Metroid Prime, and The Matrix movies.
“Fantastic Plastic Squad is a shooter for the ages” said David Bluhm, CEO of DropForge. “Imagine the fun and speed of Call of Duty, but fighting with your 1980s collection of plastic action heroes.”
ABOUT FANTASTIC PLASTIC SQUAD
Pound Sand’s first title is Fantastic Plastic Squad, a free-to-play, fast-paced third-person shooter in which players collect and control dozens of 1980s-style five-inch-tall action figures that have come-to-life to battle against their enemies for control of a house. Each figure is customizable with weapons and accessories, allowing for millions of possible combinations to create truly unique heroes that can be brought into battle or shared with friends.
Fantastic Plastic Squad includes epic single-player missions as well as an exciting and fully featured asynchronous player-versus-player multiplayer mode that will offer advanced competitive features like clan support, tournaments, leaderboards and replays.
Fantastic Plastic Squad will be available later this year for mobile devices with additional platforms in the future. Fans can learn more about Fantastic Plastic Squad on the game’s Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fantasticplasticsquad) and keep up with Pound Sand at the official web site at www.PoundSand.com and on Twitter (@poundsandgames).
ABOUT POUND SAND
Based in Los Angeles, Pound Sand is comprised of veteran video game developers with proven expertise in the Action/Shooter category, responsible for developing multi-billion dollar franchises including Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, God of War and more. The studio’s first game, Fantastic Plastic Squad, is a fast-pace third person shooter that brings 1980s-style action figures to life in an epic battle for control of the house. Visit the website at www.PoundSand.com.
All trademarks or trade names are the property of their respective owners.
- Returnal for PC Seemingly Leaks, Includes DLSS and Ray-Traced Shadows September 28, 2022 Kat Bailey
- Major Disney Dreamlight Valley Patch Featuring Scar Gets a Timing Update September 28, 2022 Ryan Leston
- Who Should Make a New Ninja Gaiden? – Unlocked 563 September 28, 2022 Ryan McCaffrey
- The DioField Chronicle Review September 28, 2022 Dan Stapleton
- Terraria Update is a Big Surprise for the Community September 28, 2022 Ryan Leston
- Best Anime Series on Netflix Right Now (October 2022) September 28, 2022
- Game Informer's Fall Buying Guide 2022 September 28, 2022 Matt Miller
- Hot Wheels Unleashed Leads October 2022's PlayStation Plus Games September 28, 2022 Wesley LeBlanc
- Skull And Bones Delayed Again, This Time To March 2023 September 28, 2022 Wesley LeBlanc
- Dynasty Warriors Studio Reveals Wild Hearts, A Monster Hunter-Like Game Coming Early Next Year September 28, 2022 Wesley LeBlanc
- Return to Monkey Island Review - A Return To Childhood Nostalgia September 28, 2022 Khee Hoon Chan
- Overwatch 2: It Will Take New Players About 100 Matches To Unlock All Original Heroes September 28, 2022 Wesley LeBlanc
- ASTRO GAMING INTRODUCES ASTRO.ID COLLECTION 2October 6, 2021 - 5:43 pm
- Revolutionary Turn-Based Shooter Lemnis Gate Makes Debut on PC & Console TodaySeptember 28, 2021 - 5:22 pm
- Jeff Goldblum Returns for Jurassic World Evolution 2August 27, 2021 - 11:21 am
- ASTRO + Timbuk2 = New Gaming Bag CollectionAugust 17, 2021 - 1:16 pm
- FAR: Changing Tides Delivers a Second Adventure in Okomotive’s Post-Apocalyptic WorldJune 13, 2021 - 12:54 pm